Fill in the Blanks: Chapter Two
1. The general ledger is comprised of numerous individual asset, liability, equity, revenue, and expense ____________ accounts .
3. The normal balance of an expense account is a ____________ debitbalance.
4. The normal balances of accounts correspond to the fundamental ____________accounting equation .
5. Evidence of transactions is often provided by the receipt or issuance of accounting forms known as ____________source documents.
6. In any transaction, total debits must ____________equal total credits.
7. To record the payment of a previously established account payable requires a ____________ debitto the Accounts Payable account.
8. A ____________trial balance is a listing of the general ledger accounts along with the dollar balances contained therein.
9. The individual accounts in a general ledger are frequently assigned a number according to the ____________chart of accounts.